Date: Monday, May 28th, 2018 from 9:30 – 5:00pm (registration from 9.30am)
Venue: Emmaus Centre, Swords, Dublin
Audience: This workshop is most suitable for family members, people with disabilities, friends and supporters and people who work in policy or services.
Cost: €40 for people with a disability and family members, €80 for professionals. Lunch included.
Book through Eventbrite.
Leap and Possibilities Plus invite you to spend the day with us thinking about citizen led change. Throughout the day you will hear about individuals, their families and organisations who will share their journey of how they are creating good lives for the people they love and/or support.
The focus of the day is to share the learning and to explore:
What family leadership looks like in Ireland and around the world.
How best to utilise an individualised budget to secure a good life for a person with a disability.
The event will include speakers from Ireland and Australia, Canada, America & New Zealand who are working towards positive change.
Speakers on the day:
- Marion Meany, Head of Strategy & Planning, HSE
- Bobby Noone, Project Officer & Parent, CRU, Queensland, Australia & Nuala O’ Keefe, Parent, Ireland
- Margaret Rodgers, Director, CRU, Queensland, Australia
- Sophia Johansson, Director Massachusetts Families Organising for Change
- Rachel Cassen, Director, Leap, Ireland
- Aoife O’Toole, CEO, Possibilities Plus, Ireland
- Janet Klees, CEO, Durham Association for Family Respite Services, Ontario
- Lorna Sullivan, IIDL, Australia