1. Introduction and general terms
- What information Leap may collect about you;
- How Leap will use information we collect about you;
- When Leap may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Leap will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who we are
Leap is registered at Winetown, Fore, Co. Westmeath.
3. What information will Leap collect about me?
When you contact Leap to request assistance, volunteer, attend one of our workshops, conferences, or sign up for online content, such as newsletters, or you telephone, email, write to Leap, or engage with Leap via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, and bank account details or financial details (Debit or Credit Cards) to process payments.
By submitting your details, you enable Leap (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to provide you with information or support, activities or online content you select.
If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, Leap may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
If you enter your contact details in one of our online forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you don’t “send” or “submit” the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
4. How will Leap use the information you collect about me?
Leap will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
In relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that Leap may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made such as your tax status with regard to CHY 3/4 and Gift Aid, the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with Leap or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- For internal record keeping;
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research about Leap or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us;
- To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- To personalise the way Leap content is presented to you;
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Leap website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Leap will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including though online or paper forms.
Please see section 10 below for information on how to change your communication preferences, including opting out of future marketing communications.
6. Will Leap share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within Leap for the purposes for which it was obtained. Leap will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Leap, the user of our services, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content placed on the Leap website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the Leap website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Leap service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Leap reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of Ireland (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. How long will Leap keep my personal data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example we will keep a record of your request for assistance and support for at least seven years.
If you request that we stop sending you material, we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular request we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
9. Storing your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. What is Leap’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
- Write to us: Leap, Winetown, Fore, Co. Westmeath.
- Email us: email@example.com
- Call us (Mon-Sat 0900-1700): 0876130165
- You may also opt out of information emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any information email from Leap.
- If you wish to make any data protection related enquiries or requests about your personal data, please contact Leap’s designated Data Protection officer on: 0876130165
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under the National Legislation from 1998 and 2003 and the GDPR you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
11. Cookies Policy – information Leap collects from your computer or mobile device
a. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website’s server. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Updated September 2018