This event is brought to you by The School of Education, Trinity College Dublin (TCD) and Leap and will bring together people with disabilities, families, academics, policy makers and others to explore a shared vision to shape a culture of inclusive education in Ireland.
Speakers Confirmed so far:
Rachel Cassen, Director, Leap – The importance of building strong leadership of persons with disabilities and families advocating for Inclusion
Dr Joanne Banks, School of Education, TCD – The evidence base for Inclusive education
Deirdre Graham, Parent – Inclusion from day one, a family story
Martin O’Connor, Psychologist – Inclusion as the foundation for a Lifetime of belonging
Mary McGrath, NCSE – Piloting the School Inclusion Model (SIM)
Keara Campbell, Parent – from Special Education to mainstream – a journey worth taking
Professor Michael Shevlin, School of Education TCD – Establishing Transition Pathways to Post- Secondary Education for People with Intellectual Disabilities
Leap and The School of Education, TCD are hosting a seminar
- Date: Wednesday 23rd October 2019 from 9:30 – 3:30pm (registration from 9.00am)
- Venue: The Long Room Hub, College Green, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2
- Audience: This workshop is most suitable for family members, people with disabilities, friends and supporters and people who work in Education or policy.
- Cost: €30 for people with a disability and family members, €60 for professionals. Lunch included.
- Book through Eventbrite https://bit.ly/2Zgiu5T